North Carolina’s National Pawn & Jewelry, Inc. was recently recognized for 25 years of adhering to the Better Business Bureau’s Code of Business Practices, built on the BBB Standards for Trust. These eight principles summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business:
1. Build Trust: Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.
2. Advertise Honestly: Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.
3. Tell the Truth: Honestly represent products and services, including clear and adequate disclosures of all material terms.
4. Be Transparent: Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of the business, and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees, and procedures that bear on a customer’s decision to buy.
5. Honor Promises: Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations.
6. Be Responsive: Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in good faith.
7. Safeguard Privacy: Protect any data collected against mishandling and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of customers regarding the use of their information.
8. Embody Integrity: Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and commitments with integrity.
In 2011, National Pawn was named a recipient of the prestigious Torch Award, a celebration of excellence in business ethics that recognizes small businesses from across every industry in the marketplace. National Pawn is committed to changing the perception of the pawn industry one customer at a time.