Welcome to National Pawn! We’re excited to tell you about our layaway program, which we believe is the best in the world. It is called The World’s Best Layaway after all! In this article, we’ll talk about the differences between our free layaway option, available at our 22 locations in North Carolina, and another financing option, Buy Now Pay Later, that you might see at other places you shop:
- Layaway is a plan that allows you to make a 10% down payment on an item that the store holds for you while you pay the remainder of the price in installments. Once you’ve paid all the installments, you can redeem your item. We proudly offer the World’s Best Layaway!
- Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) is a type of short-term financing that allows consumers to make purchases and pay for them at a future date, often interest-free. It has become a familiar way to pay in recent years due to popular platforms like Affirm, Acima, and Zip.
Why is National Pawn’s Layaway Program Better than Buy Now Pay Later?
According to Consumer Reports, BNPL plans come with considerable costs and risks, including late fees that could hurt your credit score if you fall behind in your payments. By contrast, our layaway program is completely risk-free and costs nothing.
Top Seven Reasons North Carolina Customers Love National Pawn’s Layaway Program:
- There are no fees or costs. National Pawn offers our customers the convenience of paying for their purchases over time at no charge. There’s never a storage fee, interest, or restocking fee.
- Layaway allows customers to keep their items securely stored while they’re paying it off, which is convenient if it’s a gift that might otherwise be discovered by the recipient.
- Layaway empowers our customers to purchase more expensive items, including fine jewelry, designer watches, and luxury handbags, rather than just what they can afford today.
- There are no layaway limits, so you can make payments and get things out when you want to.
- When you find something you want, you don’t have to save the money and hope it is still there; just put it into layaway!
- If you change your mind or find something else you’d prefer, we’re happy to switch it out for you or give you your money back.
- When you buy an item via layaway at National Pawn, you get the promise that we will buy the item back from you or pawn it for half of what you paid for it in the future.
Instead of relying on a random search for ‘best pawnshop near me’, customers in Burlington, Charlotte, Durham, Gastonia, Greensboro, Hope Mills, Concord, Raleigh, Wilmington, or Winston-Salem, North Carolina can simply use our convenient store locator at www.nationalpawnshops.com to find the National Pawn location nearest them. We invite you to stop by today and take advantage of the World’s Greatest Layaway Program, which is the safest, least expensive way to pay for your purchases over time.